B. S. in Nutrition Science
Student outcomes associated with the Nutrition Science program.
- Demonstrate how to locate, interpret, evaluate, and use professional literature
- Use current information technologies to locate and apply evidence based guidelines.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Apply knowledge of the role of environment, food, and lifestyle choices in health and disease.
- Describe the role of essential nutrients in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Determine nutrient needs across the lifespan.
- Integrate knowledge of the use of nutrients at the molecular, cellular and organ level.
- Integrate genetic, physiologic and biochemical mechanisms by which food and nutrients promote optimal health.
- Use the scientific method in the application of research methodologies.
- Interpret basic statistics used in nutrition and medical research.
- Demonstrate ability to critically evaluate information.
- Apply theoretical information to solve practical problems.