Master of Science Program Admissions
Applications may be accepted after the stated deadline provided there is space available. Contact the Office of Academic Assistance (404-413-1000 or email@example.com) for information.
You may check the status of your application online by choosing “Admissions Status” at student.gosolar.gsu.edu. Please allow three weeks after submitting your application to check its status. If you are unable to access your application status, please contact the Office of Academic Assistance.
A complete packet includes an application and supplemental information:Submit your application online
1. Online Application and $50.00 application fee (on-line preferred). The online application includes:
- Application for graduate study at Georgia State
- Supplemental Application for the Master of Nutrition program
- Statement of Professional Goals (two typed pages maximum)
- Two letters of Recommendation (one from a professor and one from an employer/supervisor)
- Resume outlining work, volunteer and professional organization experience
- Residency form
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION (collect and submit items 2-4 in a single packet to the address provided at the bottom of the page)
2. Two transcripts from each college and/or university attended, except from Georgia State University. Transcripts are required regardless of length of stay or whether the grades are listed on another school’s transcript. You will collect and submit all unopened transcripts. If needed, Transcript Request forms can be downloaded.
- If you are enrolled in another graduate program at Georgia State University, you may complete a Request for Transfer of Records in your current colleges graduate admissions office. If you have attended Georgia State University in an undergraduate status, all transcripts, except Georgia State’s, must be sent; these transcripts are not available for our use.
NOTE: Grade Point Average >3.0 is required for all coursework completed prior to the application.
3. For those students who are currently in a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), please include a Declaration of Intent from the college or university where the academic requirements for the DPD are being met; this should come from your Program Director. For those that are applying after graduating from a DPD, please include a verification statement.
4. Foreign Student Financial Statement (for international applicants seeking a student visa). See International Applicants document.
The following items are needed but not included in the packet you mail to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Official GRE scores should be sent directly to Georgia State University from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The correct institution code for Georgia State University is 5251. A department code is not used. Visit the GRE website at http://www.gre.org/ or call 1-800-GRE-CALL for information and registration. Scores cannot be more than five years old from the desired semester of entry.
- Certificate of Immunization. This is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services prior to registration. The form can be printed from www.gsu.edu/health.
- Official TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English). If available, please include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet.
- International credential evaluation (for applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S.). See International Applicants document.
Contact information for the Office of Admissions—Graduate Programs
Mailing address (U.S. Postal Service)
Office of Admissions-Graduate Programs
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4018
Atlanta, GA 30302
If you have questions, please contact us at 404-413-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.